90 arrested, 58 guns seized in Stockton gang takedown and drug bust, officials say


Ninety people have been arrested and 58 guns seized along with drugs and money in Stockton as part of what officials are calling the largest takedown of organized crime in the history of San Joaquin County. State and local officials announced the results from Operation Hybrid Havoc in a press conference on Thursday, saying the joint investigation into criminal activity by street gangs had also solved two homicides and prevented future shootings. “They literally stopped murders from occurring,” San Joaquin County District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar said, adding that the arrests will help make Stockton safer as the city faces 21 homicides so far this year.| Video Below | Officials announce Stockton gang takedown “Summer’s here. Kids can play in the park,” she said. Officials said the operation was sparked by an increase in gun violence from 2019 to 2021. The investigation has been in effect for the past year and ramped up in the fall. It involved the Stockton Police Department’s Gang Violence Suppression, the California Department of Justice and the California Highway Patrol’s special operations unit, in coordination with the DA’s office. Other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies also contributed to the takedown.| Video Below | CA Attorney General Bonta announces Stockton gang takedownGangs targeted for criminal activity included:Northside Gangster CripsSutter Street CripsFlyboys/MOB/Muddy BoyzNightingale/EBKNortenosWest Side BloodsHere’s what officials said they recovered as part of the operation:Of the 58 firearms recovered, 12 were ghost guns and 10 were assault weapons.$23,846 in US currency394 grams of cocaine959 grams of ecstasy98 grams of methamphetamines73 grams of heroin54 grams of fentanyl5.3 pounds of marijuanaStockton Police Chief Stan McFadden said that as a result of the takedown, “some very dangerous people” have been taken off Stockton streets.Those arrested included:Damien Cook, 18, and a 15-year-old, for a role in a gang-related shooting on Jan. 23, on Platte Road. Cook is also accused of a gang-related shooting on Feb. 25 on East Flora Street.Antonio Thomasson, 35, was arrested in connection with a homicide on Feb. 11 on North El Dorado Street.Antonio Hoskins, 30, and Roverta Howard, 38, were arrested in connection with a homicide on May 15, on West Lane.CL Butler, 30, was one of five people arrested and accused of a conspiracy to steal from a marijuana dispensary. Butler is also accused of involvement in a gang-related shooting on March 20 on Gateway Court. Bonta said that this was the California DOJ’s sixth gang takedown of the past year. He vowed that “there will be more.”He said that the arrests can’t “take away the grievance” for victims’ families but it can bring those responsible “to account.”Bonta also said the operation helped to prevent an attempted homicide and other shootings, burglaries and robberies.Salazar highlighted the seizure of fentanyl off the streets as being especially important since “every gram is as dangerous as a bullet.”Stockton Mayor Kevin Lincoln praised the operation as helping to protect the community.“Enough is enough,” he said.| Video Below | Stockton mayor responds to gang takedown

Ninety people have been arrested and 58 guns seized along with drugs and money in Stockton as part of what officials are calling the largest takedown of organized crime in the history of San Joaquin County.

State and local officials announced the results from Operation Hybrid Havoc in a press conference on Thursday, saying the joint investigation into criminal activity by street gangs had also solved two homicides and prevented future shootings.

“They literally stopped murders from occurring,” San Joaquin County District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar said, adding that the arrests will help make Stockton safer as the city faces 21 homicides so far this year.

| Video Below | Officials announce Stockton gang takedown

“Summer’s here. Kids can play in the park,” she said.

Officials said the operation was sparked by an increase in gun violence from 2019 to 2021. The investigation has been in effect for the past year and ramped up in the fall. It involved the Stockton Police Department’s Gang Violence Suppression, the California Department of Justice and the California Highway Patrol’s special operations unit, in coordination with the DA’s office. Other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies also contributed to the takedown.

| Video Below | CA Attorney General Bonta announces Stockton gang takedown

Gangs targeted for criminal activity included:

  • Northside Gangster Crips
  • Sutter Street Crips
  • Flyboys/MOB/Muddy Boyz
  • Nightingale/EBK
  • Nortenos
  • West Side Bloods

Here’s what officials said they recovered as part of the operation:

  • Of the 58 recovered firearms, 12 were ghost guns and 10 were assault weapons.
  • $23,846 in US currency
  • 394 grams of cocaine
  • 959 grams of ecstasy
  • 98 grams of methamphetamines
  • 73 grams of heroin
  • 54 grams of fentanyl
  • 5.3 pounds of marijuana

This content is imported from Instagram. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

Stockton Police Chief Stan McFadden said that as a result of the takedown, “some very dangerous people” have been taken off Stockton streets.

Those arrested included:

  • Damien Cook, 18, and a 15-year-old, for a role in a gang-related shooting on Jan. 23, on Platte Road. Cook is also accused of a gang-related shooting on Feb. 25 on East Flora Street.
  • Antonio Thomasson, 35, was arrested in connection with a homicide on Feb. 11 on North El Dorado Street.
  • Antonio Hoskins, 30, and Roverta Howard, 38, were arrested in connection with a homicide on May 15, on West Lane.
  • CL Butler, 30, was one of five people arrested and accused of a conspiracy to steal from a marijuana dispensary. Butler is also accused of involvement in a gang-related shooting on March 20 on Gateway Court.

Bonta said that this was the California DOJ’s sixth gang takedown of the past year. He vowed that “there will be more.”

He said that the arrests can’t “take away the grievance” for victims’ families but it can bring those responsible “to account.”

Bonta also said the operation helped to prevent an attempted homicide and other shootings, burglaries and robberies.

Salazar highlighted the seizure of fentanyl off the streets as being especially important since “every gram is as dangerous as a bullet.”

Stockton Mayor Kevin Lincoln praised the operation as helping to protect the community.

“Enough is enough,” he said.

| Video Below | Stockton mayor responds to gang takedown

.

Leave a Comment